Thursday, August 23, 2012

Time for Chocolate Chip Cookies!


This is my favorite cookie recipe and the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I use anymore.  I like them so much I painted a picture of them!   (And see, I took a little bite out of the one at the end!)

I think what makes them so good is the real butter, real vanilla extract and the milk chocolate Ghirardelli chocolate chips.


The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever


3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter (unsalted)
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ( the real deal!)
2 large eggs
18 ounces (3 cups) milk chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli chocolate chips - yum!)

Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Cream butter with sugars until light. Beat in vanilla and eggs until smooth. Beat dry ingredients into creamed mixture, a little at a time. Add chocolate chips and stir to mix well.

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets and bake at 325° F for approx. 10 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic recipe! I love a good cookie and this one looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the cookies yesterday, Michelle, and you're right--they are excellent. I found that the 12 oz pkg of chips was plenty and I also upped the temp to 350, baking 10-11 minutes. The cookies didn't brown in my oven at 325. I will definitely use this recipe again. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete